IOGP input on the EU Commission’s public consultation on the EU Taxonomy Delegated Acts
This document provides IOGP’s input to the EU Commission’s public consultation on the so-called ‘Taxonomy Package’ including:
- Delegated Act on 4 environmental objectives (Taxo4);
- A revision of the Climate Delegated Acts;
- A revision of the Disclosure Delegated Act.
On 5th of April, the European Commission published draft Taxonomy Delegated Acts for a public consultation with deadline for final submission 3rd May (link to consultation and all the documents is here).
This call for feedback is about:
- A new set of EU Taxonomy criteria for economic activities making a substantial contribution to 4 remaining environmental objectives (sustainable use and protection of water and marine resources, transition to a circular economy, pollution prevention and control and protection and restoration of biodiversity and ecosystems);
- A targeted amendments to the Taxonomy Climate Delegated Act, covering the environmental objectives of climate change mitigation and adaptation;
- A targeted amendments to the Taxonomy Disclosures Delegated Act.