Sustainable finance: investor, oil and gas sector and global perspectives
IPIECA and IOGP organised a two-part webinar series on Sustainable Finance.
Changes to the energy system in line with the Paris Agreement, the drive toward a net-zero emissions future by 2050 and the increasing demand for energy, particularly in developing countries, will require massive shifts in investment flows, transforming all sectors of the global economy.
Webinar on 9 July 2020
To support the development of longer-term, more resilient financial models, an increasing number of governmental and inter-governmental initiatives are being launched which encourage financial institutions to include sustainability issues in their governance and risk management functions.
The first webinar of the two-part series updated participants on worldwide sustainable finance initiatives, explained their potential impacts on the oil and gas industry, and explored the latter’s role in this area.
- Milla Craig, Founder and President, Millani
- Anibor Kragha, President, African Refiners Association (ARA)
- Yo Takatsuki, Head of ESG Research and Active Ownership, Axa Investment Managers
- Ben Yeoh, Senior Portfolio Manager, Global Equities, RBC Global Asset Management (UK) Ltd
- IPIECA Executive Committee Member Iñigo Palacio Prada, Sustainability Strategy and Coordination, Repsol