Policy Manager (Europe)
Position: Policy Manager (Europe)
Starting date: June 2023
The International Association of Oil & Gas Producers Europe (IOGP Europe) is looking for a Manager to support its European Affairs Policy Department based in Brussels. The selected candidate will be fully embedded within the team and will have the opportunity to work on the EU environmental and sustainable finance policies.
- Supervise and guide two junior policy officers, especially regarding the coordination of the work related to IOGP Europe’s analysis, response and actions related to EU environmental and sustainable finance legislative proposals.
- Represent IOGP Europe positions towards the representatives of the European institutions and other industrial stakeholders.
- Represent IOGP Europe and its interests in European institution expert groups and cross-industry partnerships and lead cross-industry working groups when opportunities arise, especially with Ipieca and FuelsEurope
- Monitor policy and legislative initiatives in the field of the European Green Deal, Zero Pollution Action Plan, EU Biodiversity Strategy, EU Chemicals Strategy for Sustainability and the EU corporate sustainable reporting such as EU Taxonomy Regulation and Corporate Sustainable Reporting Directive.
- Develop IOGP Europe positioning and messaging on the related policy proposals.
- Ensure consistency of messaging and positioning across all IOGP with close collaboration with IOGP Environment Committee and IOGP Europe Policy & Institutional Relations Departments and SubCommittees.
- Support the IOGP Europe Policy Department by providing relevant inputs.
- Work closely with other associations such as FuelsEurope, Cefic, Ipieca etc.
- Master’s degree in European affairs, law, environmental management, sustainable development, environmental policy/law, environmental sciences, ecology, environmental engineering, environmental health, or related field to EU policies or sustainable finance.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing or guiding people
- Knowledge of the environmental policies (Industrial Emissions Directive, Biodiversity Strategy, Chemicals for Sustainability) and sustainable finance policies (Taxonomy Regulation, CSRD, CSDDD)
- Knowledge of the EU decision-making processes
- Excellent command in English, and very good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong writing skills and ability to turn complex content into concise and valuable policy input
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Leadership skills, able to manage and guide junior colleagues
- Coordination and organisation skills
- Analytical and quantitative skills, desktop research
- Process data
- Very good knowledge of all Microsoft Office tools and Internet, especially good in preparation of power point presentations
- Languages: Fluent in English. Knowledge of other European languages is an asset
Knowledge & Attributes
- Able to work independently, but also a team player able to cooperate and to respond efficiently to Management’s requests
- Able to take initiative, be pro-active and take strategic decisions
- Willing to collaborate on new tasks outside of the specific policy area, further expand knowledge and acquire new skills
- Able to juggle between numerous tasks, prioritise on the go and respond to request on a short notice
- Responsible and reliable, consistently meeting deadlines
- Eye for detail
What We Offer
- Experience in EU-oriented advocacy work
- Dealing with IOGP Europe member companies and organisations
- Room for initiative and growth
- Being part of a dynamic, young and positive team
Please send your CV + cover letter in English by 30th of May to Maria Karagiannidou-Rosiek (gro.p1685743890goi@k1685743890m1685743890).